GENERAL NETWORK AND INTERNET USAGE RULES INFO:
- All devices are supposed to stay where they are, unplugging them, rebooting them, moving them to another location will cause problems or the full network to fail.
- It is not allowed to reset or reboot the system on your personal initiative or without instructions from us.
- Messing with the system my cause the whole network to fail, impacting also the other people who are using the network.
- If we have to send somebody to reset the flow or a technician to fix settings, because people have been messing with the network devices, the charge will be at your expense. Telenet rate of technical visit: 75€ for coming + hourly cost after the first hour.
- We have the heaviest subscription of Telenet, it’s the most expensive provider on the market and they are supposed to have the best product.
- Telenet works with high and low time regulations. Meaning: at peek hours they have to slow down the speed of all networks to be able to provide everybody with internet, also people with seperate private subscriptions, and other houses in the street, using the same main cable.
Info: https://www2.telenet.be/nl/business/klantenservice/piek-en-daluren-bij-een-abonnement-met-onbeperkt-volume/ (unfortunately they don’t provide info in English)
- Nowadys people no longer surf on the internet with one computer but they are using, computer, tv, phone, tablet etc at the same time, this slows down a network, please realise this when you are using the wifi.
- Provided internet purpose: we provide a network so people can study, work and communicate with their family and friends, = for general surfing behavior.
We have received remarks people were not able to watch or download movies, we do not provide internet fort his purpose.
Streaming takes a lot of capacity of the network and people who like to use internet for this purpose have to realise the impact the quality of their fellow tenants surfing Those who want to use the network fort his purpose have top take a private subscription: https://www2.telenet.be/nl/internet-en-tv/internet/bestel-basic-internet/
- Your own computer: internet speed is depending on more then the network only. Also the quality, age, management of your pc can impact the speed you surf at.
- Is your PC compatible with the 5G network, please surf on that network instead of the nomal one (it’s added 5G tot he network name) 5G is a lot faster.
- Is your anti-virus software up to date, how is your firewall configured
- How manyprograms are you running simultaneously