GENERAL HYGIENE PRECAUTIONS
Most updated Informaytion can be found on
To avoid the spread of infections in this winter season, we advise everyone to practice general hygiene measures:
- Ensure proper hand hygiene: wash your hand regularly with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. It is best to use a disposable tissue and throw it in the bin immediately afterwards. Do the same when blowing your nose. Wash your hands with soap and water afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or a cough.
WERE YOU RECENTLY IN CHINA AND DO YOU FEEL ILL?
Have you been in China during the past 14 days or have you had any close contact with someone who was in China and became ill?
- If you don’t feel ill yourself: don’t worry, you don’t have to see a doctor.
- If you have respiratory symptoms (such as a recent fever, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing), stay at home or in your student room, and call your own GP or the GPs at the Student Health Centre (+32 16 32 44 20). Mention your symptoms and your travel history. The doctor will assess the situation and propose suitable measures.
If you have any remaining questions or concerns, please take a look at the frequently asked questions at the bottom of this page. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In response to the coronavirus media coverage, a number of questions emerged within the university community regarding the risk of infection in Belgium and travel to and from China for educational or professional reasons. On this page, we answer the most frequently asked questions.